Reliance Jio – Information, Plans & Benefits
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, commonly known as Jio, is an Indian telecommunications company and a subsidiary of Jio Platforms which are based out of Mumbai. Jio became publicly available for customers on 5 September 2016. Since day one, Jio is known for offering the best prices for all its services, whether it’s prepaid/postpaid mobile services or broadband service going by the name of Jio Fiber. Jio currently offers more than 50 mobile plans that include both prepaid and postpaid plans and also offers broadband plans at an affordable rate as well as inclusive of various benefits.
Last updated in: November 2022
The company has been successful in providing its customers with the simplest and most competitive tariff and internet plans. The brand normalised cheap data and unlimited free voice calls and all the other competitors had no other choice but to slash down their prices. We’re going to look into all the information related to Jio’s products and services.
|Launched||5 September 2016|
|Revenue||₹90,287 crore (US$12 billion) – FY 2020-21|
|Contact||Contact Page / 7000770007 (Whatsapp)|
Jio: Products and Services
Over the recent years, Jio has already become more than just a telecom company. The company offers a wide range of products and services that includes basic services such as
- Mobile services
- Broadband internet services
- Business solution platform
- Entertainment platforms
- e-commerce platform
In terms of products, there are in-house Jio branded devices such as Jio Phones and Jionet Wi-Fi.
Jio MobileJio operates a national LTE network with coverage across all the telecom circles in the country. Unlike a few other telcos, Jio Mobile does not offer 2G or 3G services and instead uses only voice over LTE to provide voice service on its 4G network.
Jio launched its 4G broadband services throughout the country in September 2016 and offers its mobile broadband services through prepaid and postpaid plans. There are numerous prepaid plans for users to choose from starting at just ₹1 and also a good range of postpaid plans starting at ₹199 serving users of all kinds.
Initially called Jio GigaFiber, but then renamed to JioFiber, is a fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service all over India provided by Jio. JioFiber plans come in both prepaid as well as postpaid options. The prepaid plans with a starting price of ₹699, are generally on a monthly basis whereas the postpaid plans, with a starting price of ₹2097 come for a minimum duration of 3 months.
JioFiber broadband is provided directly to a person’s apartment/house, unlike other instances wherein the fiber connection is just available in the building serving anyone and everyone, which leads to limiting internet connection and speed. As this is a direct service, it gives consistent and high-speed internet.
JioBusiness Solution is a first-of-its-kind offering that is designed to help small and medium businesses leverage the power of digital technologies and manage to run their businesses more efficiently. Recently in March 2021, the company launched digital solutions for businesses bundled with services provided by Jio Platforms, Reliance Retail and Office 365. Jio Business plans start at ₹901 and go all the way up to ₹10,001 per month.
Here are the list of features that come along with Jio Business:
- High speed internet
- Fixed mobile convergence
- Microsoft 365
Jio branded devices
While Jio already offers a lot of branded services with its name, there are various Jio branded products/devices that are available in the market. One of the main branded devices is the mobile phones by Jio. The mobile phone series started in 2016 when the company launched its LYF smartphone series starting with Water 1. Over recent years, three more models have been released so far, namely Water 2, Earth 1, and Flame 1. The key feature of these phones is that they’re affordable in price and simplistic in their design, yet offer all the features of a smartphone.
The other renowned branded device is the Jionet Wi-Fi. To make use of these hotspots, you need to download the JioNet app which is available on both iOS and Android through the MyJio app. Once you’ve installed it, JioNet prompts you to add a connection widget so you can instantly connect to a hotspot. However, that is optional. The app uses your location data to show you nearby hotspots and adds the Jio public Wi-Fi profile so that you can seamlessly connect to nearby Wi-Fi networks without having to enter any settings.
Jio apps are another key offering by the company. In 2016, Jio launched a bundle of multimedia apps on Google play as part of its upcoming 4G services. While the apps are available for free download, they’re only compatible with a Jio SIM. Currently, some of the apps are still in their beta phase. The list of apps include:
- JioPages – a web browser for Android devices
- JioChat – instant messaging app
- JioCinema – online HD video library
- JioCloud – cloud-based backup tool
- JioHealth – health services app
- JioNews – e-reader for news
- JioMeet – video-conferencing platform
- JioMoney – online payments/wallet app
- JioSaavn – for online and offline music streaming in English and Indian languages
- JioSecurity – a security app
- JioTV – TV Channels streaming service
- JioVoice – VoLTE phone simulator
- MyJio – to manage a Jio account and digital services associated with it
JioMart is an Indian e-commerce company, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, India, that had started as a joint venture between Reliance Retail and Jio Platforms. The company initially focused primarily on online groceries before expanding into other product categories such as fashion, home essentials, and lifestyle products.
In May 2020, JioMart was fully launched in 200 cities and towns across India. Within only a few days of its launch, the JioMart app surpassed one million downloads, proving once again that whatever Jio touches turns to gold!
THE JIO EFFECT💡
Jio had entered the market promising consumers free phone calls and zero roaming costs. The data plans offered by Jio were so inexpensive that they competed against its competitors by charging less than a third of market standards. Within six months, the corporation promised to serve 90% of India’s population.
At present, Jio is already the largest mobile network operator in India and the third-largest mobile network operator in the world with over 42.62 crores (426.2 million) subscribers!
JioFiber: Information, Plans & Benefits
Jio Fiber is a broadband service that is based on fiber optic technology. This technology offers multiple advantages over traditional cables such as providing a faster internet connection and the fiber networks don’t need to be changed post installation as the company upgrades them with the latest technology.
What is JioFiber?
JioFiber, with its FTTH service, offers the ultimate broadband experience to its users to surf, stream, game or work, whatever suits their needs. The JioFiber plans offer a speed range starting from 30 Mbps all the way to 1 Gbps. The company also offers a JioFiber trial offer which is a no-condition 30 days free trial that provides:
- Truly unlimited internet at 150 Mbps with symmetric speed
- Access to 14 paid OTT platforms with no additional cost
- Unlimited voice calls
With a wide availability throughout the country, JioFiber is easily accessible for installation. JioFiber also comes in two options, prepaid and postpaid connections.
JioFiber: All plans
Jio Fiber plans come in various price ranges for all kinds of users. Similar to their mobile services, Jio also offers prepaid and postpaid plans for its broadband internet service. The prepaid plans have a starting price of ₹399 whereas the postpaid plans only come in quarterly plan options starting at ₹2,097. Below mentioned are all the JioFiber plans you need to know about.
|Plan Type||Price||Bandwidth||Data Limit||Validity||Benefits|
|Prepaid||₹399||30 Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||–|
|Prepaid||₹699||100 Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||–|
|Prepaid||₹999||150 Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, and 14 others)|
|Prepaid||₹1,499||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Prepaid||₹2,499||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Prepaid||₹3,999||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Prepaid||₹8,499||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Postpaid||₹2,097||100 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||–|
|Postpaid||₹2,997||150 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, and 14 others)|
|Postpaid||₹4,497||300 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Postpaid||₹7,497||500 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Postpaid||₹11,997||1 Gbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|Postpaid||₹25,497||1 Gbps||6600 GB||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
How to get JioFiber
There are a couple of ways one can register themselves to get a JioFiber connection. It can be done via the website or through the MyJio app as well. Here’s how you can get it done.
Getting a JioFiber connection via website
To Get JioFiber connection click here and follow the steps below:
- Enter your Name and mobile number
- Click ‘Generate OTP‘
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number & click ‘verify OTP’
- Enter your address where you require a JioFiber connection
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Getting a JioFiber connection via MyJio app
- If you have the MyJio app, you can click on the ‘Fiber’ option on the taskbar. A window will open up that will allow you to book a connection.
- Click on book now, and you will be able to see four JioFiber broadband plans.
- Choose your plan and book now
- You will need to fill in your address details like pin code, city, state, building/flat number
- Click on ‘submit’.
How to recharge JioFiber
You can recharge your JioFiber plans using these two options mentioned below.
- Using MyJio App:
- Open MyJio app
- Login with your JioFiber Service ID or RMN and OTP
- Click on Recharge. Select Plan, to view details of Plan click on ‘view details’ and click on ‘buy’
Soon after that, you will receive a recharge confirmation SMS and email on your registered mobile number and on your email ID respectively.
- Using Jio website:
- Go to jio.com
- Select ‘Recharge‘ on the top right corner and select ‘JioFiber’
- Enter Service ID/ Registered mobile number / Landline Number
- Click on Submit
- Select Plan, to view details of Plan click on “View Details” and click on buy.
What are the key benefits of the JioFiber Postpaid Offer?
- Entry fees:
– Zero upfront entry cost (no security deposit for Internet Box and no installation charges either), amounting to an upfront saving of Rs 1,500.
– Plans starting at Rs 399 per month – lowest in the industry.
– Aggressive 3, 6 and 12-month plan options
– Symmetric plans (download speed = upload speed) – first in the industry
- Set-top box:
– 4K Set Top Box at no extra cost (Rs 1,000 refundable security deposit)
– Up to 16 paid OTT apps on all plans above Rs 999
- Always-on Service:
– Stay connected 24*7*365 without any service disruptions.
– Highest quality service with 99.9% uptime
How to check JioFiber availability in my area?
If you wish to check if the JioFiber service is available in your area, you can go to the official website of the company, enter your name and phone number. Once you enter these details, the site will simply display if the service is available in your area or not. Currently, the JioFiber network is widely spread throughout the country so there’s a good chance that it would be possible to get a JioFiber connection.
How to contact JioFiber customer care?
- If you want to reach out to a customer executive for queries specifically related to JioFiber, you can dial 1800-896-9999.
- Alternatively, you can also chat with the support team on the MyJio App or WhatApp by texting ‘Hello’ to 7000570005.
Jio Mobile: Postpaid
Jio postpaid is another successful service offered by Jio mobile services. There are monthly, quarterly, and annual plans for users to choose from. Recently, after an updated list of plans known as the Jio Postpaid Plus, the company seems to be only getting better. Let’s look at some of the popular postpaid plans by Jio.
What is Jio postpaid plus?
Jio postpaid plus is a new line of service in the postpaid category by Jio. The company has initiated a feature that allows existing postpaid users of other operators to move to Jio Postpaid Plus by carrying forward their credit limit. This means that the new customers shifting to Jio postpaid plus will not be required to pay any security deposit.
This postpaid service was launched with the aim to offer superior services across all aspects of connectivity and entertainment. The plans come along with a high data limit and complimentary subscriptions to video streaming platforms. The prices range from ₹399 to ₹1,499.
What are the popular Jio postpaid plans?
Here are some of the popular postpaid plans offered by Jio. They don’t have validity for a number of days like prepaid plans. Instead, they operate on a billing cycle basis every month.
|Plus||₹399||75 GB||200 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹599||100 GB||200 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹799||150 GB||200 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹999||200 GB||500 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹1,499||300 GB||500 GB||Unlimited||
|International Roaming||₹1,102||–||–||₹933.90 Talktime||
Which is the best postpaid plan by Jio?
Although Jio offers the best kind of plans in all the categories whether it’s prepaid, postpaid or even JioFiber, there are some plans that stand out in these respective categories for the value offered on the price that is charged. As per Switcheroo, this is the best postpaid plan by Jio:
|₹599||100 GB||Unlimited||Bill cycle||
What is the cheapest postpaid plan by Jio?
The cheapest postpaid plan by Jio is the one that’s in the ‘regular plans’ category offered by the company. Here are the details
|Regular||₹199||25 GB||Unlimited||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
Jio postpaid plan for family
With Jio PostPaid Plus Family Plan, you can share the benefits of your postpaid plan with your loved ones. JioPostPaid Plus Family Plan offers you the following advantages:
- Single Bill for the entire family.
- The flexibility of adding multiple child members at no additional cost.
- The parent can control the data consumption of child members.
- The flexibility of transferring data multiple times in a month.
- In times of high data usage, child members can purchase data add-on packs.
Here is one example of a postpaid family plan by Jio.
|Postpaid Plus||₹999||200 GB||500 GB||Unlimited||
How to convert jio prepaid to postpaid?
Converting from Jio prepaid to postpaid is relatively easy. These are the steps to follow to switch to Jio Postpaid Plus:
- Head to the Jio PostPaid Plus website. Enter your name and registered Jio Prepaid number.
- Click on Generate OTP. Enter the OTP sent to you.
- Enter your new Jio Postpaid Plus SIM delivery address. Click on ‘Submit New Jio SIM Request’.
- A Jio customer care executive will contact you in 3 to 4 days. He/she will conduct an at-home KYC by verifying documents like Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA).
- The executive will then deliver your new Jio Postpaid Plus SIM, which should be activated in about 24 hours. Note: Jio will charge a security deposit of Rs. 250 and Rs. 99 for JioPrime.
Users can alternatively also visit the nearest Jio store, fill in the migration form, and submit KYC documents to get a new postpaid SIM. To find the nearest Jio store, head to this page.
Jio Mobile: Prepaid
Jio Mobile plans are quite popular in the country as the company is known for providing affordable yet high-limit data plans, along with additional benefits that most other telecom providers are trying to match up with. Both prepaid and postpaid plans by Jio come in various options to choose from. We will be looking into the details of Jio’s mobile plans.
Jio prepaid plans are available in all of the 23 telecom circles in India. These prepaid plans come along with calling and data benefits and are easy to recharge. Let’s look at all the popular prepaid plans by Jio.
Jio prepaid plans
Here are some of the most popular prepaid plans offered by Jio. These plans have a starting price of ₹149, which already includes unlimited calling and data offering of 1 Gb per day.
|1 GB/day Data Packs||₹149||1 GB per day||Unlimited||20 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
|1 GB/day Data Packs||₹209||1 GB per day||Unlimited||28 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
|1.5 GB/day Data Packs||₹239||1.5 GB per day||Unlimited||28 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
|1.5 GB/day Data Packs||₹666||1.5 GB per day||Unlimited||84 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
|2 GB/day Data Packs||₹299||2 GB per day||Unlimited||28 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
|2 GB/day Data Packs||₹799||2 GB per day||Unlimited||56 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps, 1 year Disney+ Hotstar Mobile subscription|
|3 GB/day Data Packs||₹419||3 GB per day||Unlimited||28 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps.|
|3 GB/day Data Packs||₹1,199||3 GB per day||Unlimited||84 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps.|
|Jio Freedom Plan||₹296||25 GB||Unlimited||30 Days||Free subscription to all Jio apps.|
Which is the cheapest prepaid plan?
The cheapest prepaid plan offered by Jio is the Re.1 prepaid plan that offers 10 MB of mobile data and is valid for 1 day. No other telco in India has come up with a plan at this rate.
|₹1||10 MB data||1 Day|
How to recharge Jio prepaid?
To recharge your Jio prepaid SIM, you can opt for recharging via the website or the MyJio app. These are the two most preferred methods of recharging. You can also visit your nearest Jio centre and get the recharge done. Here are the two online methods to recharge your Jio number:
Recharging via Jio Website:
- Go to Jio Website
- Click on ‘Recharge’
- Select ‘Mobile and JioFi’, enter your number, and click on submit.
- You can browse through the available plans
- Select the plan you want to recharge.
- Select the mode of payment and click on ‘Pay now’.
Recharging via MyJio App:
- Download and install the MyJio app on your smartphone.
- Open the app and click on ‘Proceed’
- Click on ‘Login with SIM’ or enter your mobile number and click on ‘Generate OTP’
- Click at the top left corner and select ‘Recharge’
- Click on ‘Recharge your number’
- Browse through the plans and select the plan you want
- Select the mode of payment and click on ‘Pay now’
How to get a Jio prepaid SIM?
Getting a new Jio SIM is a very simple process. You can order your SIM online. All you need to do is
- Open the Jio website/app
- Enter your name and mobile number.
- Next, an OTP will be automatically sent on that given number
- Once you enter the OTP, you have to enter your home address in detail, your postal code
- Lastly, place the request for a new SIM. That’s all.
Once the request has been placed, you will have to pay a nominal amount for the delivery charges, and you will receive your SIM in the next few days.
What documents are needed to get a new SIM
For a new Jio SIM activation, you can bring these documents to the nearest Jio store or Reliance Digital, or even at a Jio retailer store:
- Your original proof of identity (POI) document
- Proof of address (POA) such as Aadhaar card, voter ID, passport, or driving license.
Jio Business solution: Information & Plans
Jio business solution is a multi-service platform that is ideal for running a potentially successful business at an affordable cost. Reliance Jio launched an integrated technology offering by the name of Jio Business to support as many as 50 million micro-small, and medium businesses (MSMBs) across the country by assisting and empowering them with digital services.
This initiative provides fiber connectivity and futuristic digital solutions to assist MSMEs in managing, sustaining, and growing their businesses.
What do you get with Jio business solution?
These are the list of tools and services that come under Jio business solution:
- High speed internet: Up to 1 Gbps Internet with symmetric upload and download speeds
- IP Centrex: Unlimited voice calls to anyone, anywhere in India
- Fixed mobile convergence: Never miss a call with features like simultaneous ringing
- JioMeet: India’s own, up to 24 hrs. secure video conferencing for everyday business
- Microsoft 365: All the Microsoft Office apps
- JioOnline: Setup & grow your business online and enable online transactions
- JioAttendance: Manage your employee attendance, location, and working hours remotely
What are the Jio Business solution plans?
Here are the JioBusiness bundle plans that are offered on a monthly basis.
JioBusiness bundle plans Plan Price Data (Monthly) Speed Speed post FUP Limit Fixed voice line Devices included ₹901 3,300 GB 100 Mbps 0 Mbps 1 Line Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem) ₹1,201 3,300 GB 150 Mbps 1 Mbps 2 Lines Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem), Voice Gateway (IAD) for IP Centrex voice lines ₹2,001 3,300 GB 300 Mbps 1 Mbps 4 Lines Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem), Voice Gateway (IAD) for IP Centrex voice lines ₹3,001 3,300 GB 500 Mbps 2 Mbps 4 Lines Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem), Voice Gateway (IAD) for IP Centrex voice lines ₹5,001 4,500 GB 1 Gbps 2 Mbps 4 Lines Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem), Voice Gateway (IAD) for IP Centrex voice lines ₹7,001 6,500 GB 1 Gbps 5 Mbps 8 Lines Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem), Voice Gateway (IAD) for IP Centrex voice lines ₹10,001 10,000 GB 1 Gbps 10 Mbps 8 Lines Business Gateway (Wi-Fi ONT Modem), Voice Gateway (IAD) for IP Centrex voice lines
What are the features of Jio Business?
These are some of the key features that Jio Business solution provides small and medium-sized businesses:
- One-Stop-Shop Solution: Jio Business will provide connectivity and digital solutions in one place
- Ready to Use: The easily accessible ready-to-use digital solutions will not require an experts to operate them
- Assisted Sales and On-boarding: Through Jio Business, the small or medium businesses will be able to connect with specialized digital advisors, who will guide them with the selection of right plans or solutions, onboarding, as well as adoption of digital solutions
- Digital Account Management: Jio Business will support small and medium businesses with a digital self-care portal, enabling plan change, making payments, viewing performance dashboards, raising support tickets etc
Contact details of Jio Business solutions
In case of any issue that may arise, you can do the basic troubleshooting from the ‘Self-Care’ section on the platform. You also can send an email here.
Alternatively, here are the contact details for various situations related to Jio business solution.
Jio Business solution contacts SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS Care helpline for enterprise mobility services 1800-8899-333 Care helpline for enterprise connectivity services & business solutions 1800-8899-444 For a new business connection 1800-8899-555
Jio Customer Care – Contact Information
As there are many diverse products & services offered by Jio, the company has ensured to have its customer care department for all of its services, providing ease to the customers to directly contact as per their requirement. You can find all the relevant contact information of Jio in the table below.
Jio also receives a lot of feedback on a daily basis from its customers. We’ve highlighted some of their customer reviews on the Jio Prepaid and Jio Postpaid page on our website, where you can check them out.
Jio customer care contacts
Jio has various helpline numbers for all its services. We have listed down all the important ones here for your use.
SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS For more information on Jio 1860-893-3333 For recharge plans, data balance, validity, recharge confirmation, others 1991 For queries 199 For complaints 198 Calling from a non-Jio number 1800-889-9999 Tele-verification for activation of HD voice and data 1977 For support on International Roaming (only when roaming abroad) +917018899999 (charges apply) Whatsapp Chat 7000770007
Jio customer care Live chat
Jio also offers a service of live chatting with one of its customer care representatives. You can visit this page, click on ‘chat with us’ and immediately a box will appear on the right side of the page where you can start chatting.
Jio customer care WhatsApp
As WhatsApp is one of the most popular means of communication in the current times, a lot of businesses are also extending their services on this platform, Jio also being one of them. For mobile-related support, customers can contact 7000770007 and similarly, for JioFiber related queries, you can contact on 7000570005
What is the full form of Jio?
JIO stands for Joint Implementation Opportunities and the full name of the company is Reliance Jio Infocom Ltd.
What are the digital subscription services available in new JioFiber plans?
JioFiber plans are bundled with subscriptions to the top 16 paid OTT platforms in India. A JioFiber user will need a Jio set-top box to access these apps. Some of these 16 OTT apps available to JioFiber Postpaid plan users include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ Hotstar, SonyLIV, ZEE5, SUNNXT, VOOT Select, ALT BALAJI, and more!
When was Jio launched?
Jio soft-launched on 27 December 2015 with a beta version for partners & employees and became available on 5 September 2016 to the public.
How much is Jio's revenue?
Reliance Jio’s revenue for the fiscal year 2020-2021 amounted to ₹90,287 crores (US$12 billion).
How to check Jio balance?
You can check your Jio balance via multiple options. Here are the most common methods:
- Through IVR: Dial *333# and your balance will be displayed on the screen.
- Via SMS: MBAL to 55333
- MyJio app: Download the MyJio App, once downloaded, you can check your balance on the home screen.
Updated on 8 Jun, 2022
Energy Specialist & Copywriter