Jio Fiber is a broadband service offered by Reliance Jio, providing fiber to the home (FTTH) connection at homes and offices. Jio Fiber, using direct connections, offers high internet speed with symmetrical download and upload speeds. The plans start at a nominal fee of ₹399 and go all the way up to ₹8,499 depending on the speed offerings and data limits.
Last updated in: September 2022
As Jio is known for offering a lot of additional benefits for their mobile plans, similarly, the company also offers a high range of benefits to its Jio Fiber customers. These benefits include:
- Unlimited data
- Free voice calling
- Complimentary subscription to OTT platforms
- Multi-player online gaming
In this article by Switcheroo, we have compiled all the latest information and plans related to Jio Fiber in 2022. Check it out!
|Launched||5 September 2019|
|Contactemail@example.com / 1800-896-9999|
Jio Fiber: Details, Tariffs & Benefits
JioFiber is a broadband service that uses fiber optics. This technology provides a faster internet connection than traditional cables and the fiber networks don’t necessarily have to be changed post installation as the company automatically upgrades them with the latest technology. Jio Fiber broadband is provided directly to the house and being a direct service in one’s house, it gives consistent and high-speed internet at all times.
What is Jio Fiber?
Jio Fiber, with its fibre to the home (FTTH) service, offers the ultimate broadband experience to its users for various purposes such as surf, stream, game or work, whatever fits their requirements. The Jio Fiber plans offer a speed range between 30 Mbps and 1 Gbps. Reliance Jio also provides a Jio Fiber trial offer which is a no-condition 30 days free trial. Not many internet service providers are known for providing a free trial for their services.
With a presence across the country, Jio Fiber is also quite easily accessible for installation. Jio Fiber plans come in two forms: prepaid and postpaid connections.
What are the benefits of getting Jio Fiber?
Since Jio Fiber is a broadband service that uses fibre optic cable technology, it has a certain number of benefits. Here are some of them.
- Quicker and faster internet service
- Unlimited data and free voice calling
- Ultra-fast data transfer speeds resulting in seamless HD video streaming, video conferencing, and other similar activities.
- Non buffering gaming experience
What are Jio Fiber plans?
Jio Fiber plans are available at diverse prices in order for them to be affordable for different income class groups. Jio Fiber offers both prepaid and postpaid internet plans. The prepaid plans have a starting price of ₹399 whereas the postpaid plans are only available for a minimum duration of 3 months, starting at ₹2,097. In the sections below, we have mentioned all the Jio Fiber plans you need to know about.
What are the Jio Fiber prepaid plans?
Jio Fiber prepaid plans are the ones that are purchased on a recharge basis. All Jio Fiber prepaid plans generally have a validity of one month. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the plans.
|₹399||30 Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||–|
|₹699||100 Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||–|
|₹999||150 Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, etc)|
|₹1,499||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
|₹2,499||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
|₹3,999||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
|₹8,499||Mbps||Unlimited||30 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
What are the Jio Fiber postpaid plans?
Jio Fiber postpaid plans are available for a quarter, semi-annual, and annual period. These plans are on a billing cycle basis. Here is a detailed breakdown of the Jio Fiber postpaid plans.
|₹2,097||100 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||–|
|₹2,997||150 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, etc)|
|₹4,497||300 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
|₹7,497||500 Mbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
|₹11,997||1 Gbps||Unlimited||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
|₹25,497||1 Gbps||6600 GB||90 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc)|
Jio Fiber semi-annual postpaid plans
Here are the semi-annual postpaid plans offered by Jio Fiber. Please note that the prices mentioned here are exclusive of GST. The final price for all the plans includes GST charges.
|₹2,394||30 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||–|
|₹4,194||100 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||–|
|₹5,994||150 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, and 14 others)|
|₹8,994||300 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|₹14,994||500 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|₹23,994||1 Gbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|₹50,994||1 Gbps||6600 GB||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
Annual postpaid plans of Jio Fiber
Jio Fiber also offers annual postpaid plans to its users. Here are the plans.
|₹4,788||30 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||–|
|₹8,388||100 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||–|
|₹11,988||150 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, and 14 others)|
|₹17,988||300 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|₹29,988||500 Mbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|₹47,988||1 Gbps||Unlimited||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
|₹101,988||1 Gbps||6600 GB||180 Days||Jio apps and OTT subscriptions (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and 15 others)|
Benefits of the Jio Fiber postpaid plans
– Entry fees:
- Zero upfront cost – no security deposit for Internet Box and no installation charges either.
- Plans starting from ₹399 per month – lowest in the industry.
- Quarterly, semi-annual and annual plan options
- Symmetric speed offering plans (download speed = upload speed)
– Set-top box:
- 4K Set Top Box at no extra cost (₹1,000 refundable security deposit)
- Up to 16 paid OTT Apps on plans starting from ₹999. Includes all leading OTTs included including regional apps.
– Always-on Service:
- Connected 24×7 for 365 days without any service disruptions.
- Highest quality service with 99.9% uptime.
Jio Fiber speed compared to Airtel Xstream
–> Although both Jio Fiber and Airtel Xstream offer maximum speed connections of up to 1Gbps, there’s a point of difference in their base plans. Airtel Xstream’s base plan offers a 40Mbps speed whereas Jio Fiber’s base plan offers 30Mbps.
–> On the other hand, Jio Fiber also has a 500Mbps speed plan which is available for users who want something between 300 Mbps and 1 Gbps whereas Airtel Xstream does not offer any plan with a speed between 300Mbps and 1Gbps.
–> Talking about both their respective fastest plans of 1 Gbps, the price remains the same at ₹3,999. Although, Jio FIber offers another 1 Gbps plan with a FUP limit of 6600 GB at ₹8,499 that gives Jio a clear edge over Airtel.
Jio Fiber – Recharge & Billing information
For recharge of Jio Fiber prepaid plans and bill payments of the postpaid plans, Jio offers more than one method of payment. We have compiled a step by step detail on payments. Have a look below.
Jio Fiber recharge using MyJio App:
- Open MyJio app
- Log in with your Jio Fiber Service ID or registered mobile number and OTP
- Click on Recharge. Select Plan, to view details of the plan click on ‘View Details’
- Click on ‘buy’
Soon after that, you will receive a recharge confirmation SMS and email on your registered mobile number and on your email ID respectively.
Jio Fiber recharge using Jio website:
- Go to jio.com
- Select “Recharge” on the top right corner and select ‘Jio Fiber’
- Enter Service ID/ Registered mobile number / Landline Number
- Click on Submit.
- Select Plan, to view details of Plan click on “View Details” and click on buy.
How to make bill payments for Jio Fiber?
The steps to make a bill payment are pretty similar to that of recharge payments. Here’s how it can be done.
- Visit the ‘pay bill’ section of the website
- Enter your Jio number and the amount.
- In case you do not remember the bill amount, there’s an option just below, click on ‘view bill summary’
- Once you’ve entered the amount, click on ‘Pay’, and you’re done!
How to get Jio Fiber?
There are a couple of ways one can register themselves to get a Jio Fiber connection. It can be done via the website or through the MyJio app as well. Here’s how you can get it done.
Getting a Jio Fiber connection via website
To Get Jio Fiber connection click here and follow the steps below:
- Enter your Name, Mobile Number
- Click “Generate OTP”
- Enter the “OTP” received on your Mobile Number & click “verify OTP”
- Enter your address where you require a Jio Fiber connection
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Getting a Jio Fiber connection via MyJio app
- If you have the MyJio app, you can click on the ‘Fiber’ option on the taskbar. A window will open up that will allow you to book a connection.
- Click on book now, and you will be able to see four Jio Fiber broadband plans.
- Choose your plan and book now
- You will need to fill in your address details like pin code, city, state, building/flat number
- Click on ‘submit’.
How to check Jio Fiber availability in my area?
If you wish to check if the Jio Fiber service is available in your area, you can go to the official website of the company, enter your name and phone number. Once you enter these details, the site will simply display if the service is available in your area or not. Currently, the Jio Fiber network is widely spread throughout the country so there’s a very good chance that it would be possible to get a Jio Fiber connection in your area as well.
What is the Jio Fiber free trial offer?
The Jio Fiber trial offer is a no-condition 30 days free trial that provides:
- Truly unlimited Internet at 150 Mbps with symmetric speed
- Access to 14 paid OTT applications at no cost
- Unlimited voice
The company also claims that If you do not like the service during this trial period, they will take it back with no questions asked and will refund the entire one time charge that was paid at the time of activation.
There are 2 Prepaid Products available during the Free Trial offer:
‘Internet only’ free trial that comes at a refundable one time charge of ₹1,500
‘Internet + OTT’ free trial that comes at a refundable one time charge of ₹2,500
How to reset Jio Fiber router?
To Factory Reset your JioFi Router, follow these means. Ensure that you follow each progression cautiously!
- Take the JioFi gadget in your hand and remove the back cover from the JioFI switch.
- Next, look for the ‘reset’ button on the rear side of the switch. You will notice that close to the ‘reset’ mark, it has a little passage with a sharp button toward the end.
- Then, take a little, sharp article, for example, a needle/toothpick and press that button for around 15-30 seconds without releasing it.
- After 30 seconds or so, release the grip you will notice that all of the lights will begin to squint and the switch will restart itself.
- Once it reboots, the whole device will be reset to industrial facility defaults.
How to cancel Jio Fiber connection?
To cancel a Jio Fiber connection, you can call on their customer care number and make your request or visit the nearest Jio store where an executive will assist you. The details for the customer care contact has been provided below.
Jio Fiber – Reviews and Customer care
For any queries, complaints, or suggestions related to Jio Fiber, the company has a dedicated customer care service for its users. We have mentioned the details below.
Jio Fiber customer reviews
We wanted to see what people are saying about Jio Fiber’s services, so looked up the most recent reviews for Jio Fiber on mouthshut.com.
“Have started using JioFiber since the pandemic and have been completely happy with the service. The installation was fast and started working within 45 mins of registering the lead. The speeds are good enough to accomodate 8-10 parallel devices connected and ping speeds are better than the previous broadband I used. The router is dual band and the 5Ghz band works good with the smart TV playing OTT content seamlessly without buffering. Cons: Not available everywhere in India.” – satyapatel1212
“Good speed in Pune and good service. I am using it for last 4 years and the connection is reliable with proper care. Only issue is house shifting. It is easier to close the existing connecting and get a new one than getting connection relocated” – vivek235u92
“Worst services provider. Shortage of service engineer. No site engineer for area where head office is just 5 KM. Its laughable they dont have any head person for escalation. Only support person are kept to handle frustration of customer.” – abdulja
How to contact Jio Fiber customer care?
Here are the various ways of contacting customer care for Jio Fiber related situations. Additionally, there is also an option to chat on the MyJio app.
|For calling Jio Fiber customer care||1800-896-9999|
|Jio Fiber Whatsapp Chat||70005 70005|
|Jio Fiber email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Can I use Wi-Fi with Jio Fiber?
Yes, Jio Fiber broadband internet is capable of supporting WiFi.
What are the cancellation charges for Jio Fiber?
There are no cancellation charges for the Jio Fiber connection, after the cancellation process accepts, the refund process will be initiated as per the refund policy.
What documents are required for getting a Jio Fiber connection?
You are required to have an original
- Aadhaar card or
- Any other original valid POI (Proof Of Identification) & POA (Proof Of Address) as per the guidelines prescribed by the DoT (Department of Telecom). Once these documents are verified, your Jio Fiber order will be processed.
How many voice (landline) connections can I get with Jio Fiber Account?
Please note that only one landline connection can be availed with each Jio Fiber account.
How do I secure my Jio Fiber connection?
You can prevent your Jio Fiber account from any unauthorized users through the ‘manage device’ settings in MyJIo. A few things to always keep in mind:
1. Do not share your Wifi username details with unknown people.
2. Keep uncommon passwords for your WiFi and try to change once in a while.
Updated on 8 Jun, 2022
Energy Specialist & Copywriter