Jio Postpaid, by Reliance Jio is one of the most successful mobile services in India. With monthly plans starting from just ₹199 that includes high data limit, unlimited calls and other benefits, Jio has managed to convert a lot of customers into choosing Jio as their main mobile service provider. These postpaid plans can go up to ₹1,499 per month and offer much more benefits in form of free subscriptions to top OTT platforms.
Last updated in: April 2022
Here are some of the key advantages of Jio postpaid connection:
- Comparatively cheaper plans than other providers
- Subscription to the best OTT platforms in the country
- Data rollover to the following month
- International roaming at low prices
In this article, we are going to be looking at Jio’s postpaid plans, billing information, customer care contacts, and more. For any other information on mobile and broadband plans, click here.
Jio Postpaid Plans: Tariffs, Conditions and Benefits
Jio postpaid plans mainly come under two categories, one of them is ‘regular plans’ which only includes one plan of ₹199 and all the other plans are now a part of the ‘Jio postpaid plus’ plans category. These plans offer unlimited voice calling, high data allowances, and add-on benefits.
What are the popular Jio postpaid plans?
Here are all the popular postpaid plans offered by Jio. These plans are generally billed on a monthly basis. However, most of these plans offer a data rollover service that allows you to carry forward your remaining data from the previous month.
|Plus||₹399||75 GB||200 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹599||100 GB||200 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹799||150 GB||200 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹999||200 GB||500 GB||Unlimited||
|Plus||₹1,499||300 GB||500 GB||Unlimited||
|International Roaming||₹1,102||–||–||₹933.90 Talktime||
Which is the best postpaid plan by Jio?
Most of the postpaid plans by Jio can be considered the best when compared to the market standards and offerings. Amongst these postpaid plans, the best one is the ₹399 plan as it is the most affordable plan with a good amount of benefits.
|₹399||75 GB (Post that ₹10/GB)||200 GB||Unlimited||Bill cycle||Subscriptions to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar, JioTV, JioSecurity and JioCloud|
What is the cheapest postpaid plan by Jio?
The cheapest postpaid plan by Jio is clearly the only plan that’s offered in the ‘regular plans’ category. Here are the details of the plan:
|Regular||₹199||25 GB||Unlimited||Free subscription to all Jio apps|
What is the Netflix offer with Jio postpaid plus?
Jio postpaid offers Netflix Mobile Plan subscription to its PostPaid Plus customers on select Jio postpaid plans at no additional cost. With Netflix, customers can enjoy unlimited movies and popular TV shows from across the world, especially Hollywood & Bollywood content. All of this benefit anytime, anywhere on their mobile devices.
What is Jio postpaid plus?
Jio postpaid plus is a recently updated version of the postpaid service by Jio. The plan prices range from ₹399 to ₹1,499 and offer a lot of benefits including access to all Jio applications for free as well as subscriptions to renowned streaming services such as Netflix, Prime Video, and Disney+ Hotstar. This postpaid service was launched with the aim to offer superior services across all aspects of connectivity and entertainment.
Jio postpaid plus plan for family
With Jio PostPaid Plus, you can enjoy a single postpaid plan for your entire family. You can subscribe to any Jio postpaid plus plan starting from ₹599 and you can avail benefits of a family plan with it. You can share your data with your family members, and along with the convenience of single bill payments, you also enjoy additional savings.
Here is an example of a postpaid family plan by Jio:
|Postpaid Plus||₹799||150 GB (Post that Rs 10/GB)||200 GB||Unlimited||
Advantages of family plan with Jio Postpaid Plus
Below are some of the key advantages of the family plan:
- Single Bill for the entire family.
- Flexibility of transferring data multiple times in a month.
- The parent can control the data consumption of child members.
- The flexibility of adding multiple child members at no additional cost.
- In case of high data usage, child members can purchase data add-on packs.
What are the benefits of Jio postpaid plus?
As Jio is promising to offer everything in “plus”, which includes the benefits as well. These benefits are available in different sets of categories. Here are the main ones:
- Family Plan – While you only need to pay for one connection, your entire family can avail the benefits of the plan.
- Wifi Calling – Use your WiFi connection for improved clarity on voice calls and that too for an unlimited duration.
- Data Rollover – All your unused data that will be carried forward to the next month
- Netflix (Mobile) subscription
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription
- JioTV subscription
- JioSaavn subscription
- JioCinema subscription
- Retain existing number – Continuing with your existing Jio number while switching to a JioPostpaid Plus plan
- If you have credit in your existing postpaid connection, you can carry it forward to your Jio Postpaid Plus.
- Free SIM delivery and activation
Jio Postpaid: Billing Information
Jio postpaid, similar to any other postpaid connection, is also on a monthly billing cycle basis. Although there are plans that allow a user to pay on a quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis. We have compiled all the relevant information you may need related to Jio’s postpaid bills.
How to pay Jio postpaid bill online?
One can pay for the Jio postpaid bill online through multiple channels. This includes, Jio’s official website, payment apps like PayTM, Google Pay, etc, and MyJio app. This allows users to pay as per their convenience and preference.
Using the (UPI) payment apps
Unified Payment Interface (UPI) apps, more commonly known as payment apps such as PayTM, Google Pay, PhonePe, and others provide an option to make bill payments for Jio postpaid. Here’s how it can be done.
- Launch the payment app of your preference on your device
- Enter your mobile number and the bill amount
- Enter your card details or select your wallet
- Click on ‘proceed’ or ‘pay now’ option
- The payment is done. You will soon receive a notification via SMS/email
Using the official website
- Login to your account on the Jio website
- Click on ‘Pay Bill’ and select the ‘Quick Pay’ option
- Enter your payment details/information
- Once the payment goes through, you will receive a payment receipt
How to check your Jio postpaid bill?
You can view your Jio postpaid bill online via the official website or even the MyJio app on your mobile phone/tablet. Here’s a breakdown of the steps for you to check your bill.
Using the official website
- Visit the Jio website and log in to your account using your phone number
- Click on ‘My Statement’
- Enter the start and end dates for which you require the statement
- Click on ‘view’ to get a snapshot of the statement
- Click on ‘download’ if you want the file in a PDF format.
Using the MyJio app
- Log in to MyJio app and with your Jio number and OTP
- Tap on elecom option from the top header
- Tap on ‘Bills & Statement’ option in transactions section
- Here you can view your bill summary
- Select bill cycle and tap on ‘download’ option to view and save the bill
Converting Jio prepaid to postpaid
Jio offers an easy switching option to its customers if they want to switch from a prepaid connection to a postpaid connection. There are steps that can be followed for a smooth switching process, we have listed them below:
How to convert Jio prepaid to postpaid?
To switch from Jio prepaid to Jio Postpaid, you can follow these steps:
- Log on to the Jio PostPaid Plus website. Enter your name and registered Jio Prepaid number.
- Click on Generate OTP. Enter the OTP you receive.
- Enter your new Jio Postpaid Plus SIM delivery address. Click on ‘Submit New Jio SIM Request‘.
- A Jio customer care executive will contact you in 3-4 days. They will conduct an at-home KYC by verifying documents like Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA).
- The executive will then deliver your new Jio Postpaid Plus SIM, which should be activated in about 24 hours.
Alternatively, users can also visit the nearest Jio store, fill in the migration form, and submit KYC documents to get a new postpaid SIM. To find the nearest Jio store, head to this page.
How to convert Jio postpaid to prepaid?
In the opposite case, if you wish to convert your Jio postpaid connection to a prepaid and would like to do so by visiting a Jio store, then you can follow these steps below:
- First, find the nearest Jio store to your current location
- Before heading to the store, remember to carry essential documents such as a photo, identity proof and address proof
- At the store, the executive will give you a migration form. Fill out this form and return it to the executive.
- Once you’ve submitted your request, your SIM will take around an hour to get activated.
- Lastly, you need to perform an IVR verification. For that, you can call at the customer care toll-free number (18008899999).
- Your prepaid connection will now start working!
What documents are needed to get a new postpaid SIM?
You need to have standard KYC documents as prescribed by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to buy a postpaid SIM. The original documents that can be shown as Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA) include:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving licence
Is Jio postpaid better than prepaid?
Whether Jio postpaid is better or prepaid is better really depends on the customers. There are people who like having a connection with recharge basis to avoid a high amount of bill shocks or penalty charges, whereas, on the other hand, there are users who like a higher data limit and data rollover services. As per Switcheroo, one should opt for Jio postpaid if they want better additional benefits and opt for Jio Prepaid if they want affordable plan options and no monthly billing cycle.
Jio Postpaid: Reviews & Comments
There are thousands of reviews for Reliance Jio on India’s largest review platform mouthshut.com. These reviews are solely for the mobile services of Jio and as there are more than 1,56,756 votes, there are bound to be reviews of all kinds where users have shared their good as well as not-so-good experiences.
Jio customer reviews
Here are some of the Jio customer reviews that caught our attention on mouthshut.com
“Reliance Jio is one of the best network in india. Jio provides a good coverage with enough data speed. small constraint is data consumption is comparatively showing as very high” – jaisiljames00
“There are some good points with jio are this is the cheapest network provider when compared to other networks. But jio need to improve its customer services and install more towers so that they can provide high-speed internet facility” – manojsaar009
“This network is one of the worst networks I have ever used. Sooo many errors and network issues and graviences. Done with this and I have ported to airtel which is better comparing this jio. Rubbish and waste. Bills are too high and data gets over in minutes even if u dont use much. Really not at all worth the money” -kaifmir071
Jio Postpaid: Customer care contact
Jio users can easily reach out to customer care services as there’s a contact number for every type of service offered by the company. This service is available 24×7. There’s also an option to access customer care assistance via the MyJio app.
Jio customer care contact numbers
We have listed down all the customer care contacts that can come in handy for a Jio postpaid user. Check them out below:
|For more information on Jio||1860-893-3333|
|Calling from a non-Jio number||1800-889-9999|
|Tele-verification for activation of HD voice and data||1977|
|For support on International Roaming (only when roaming abroad)||+917018899999 (charges apply)|
Jio customer care online
If calling is not your go-to method, there’s also an alternate option for Jio users to connect with the Jio customer care online. Jio does not provide an email ID, they have a page on their website instead, where one can fill in their details and send them a mail directly on their website. Jio also provides a Live Chat option on its website, in both English and Hindi.
What is data rollover and how much data rollover is possible in a plan?
Data rollover means any unused data in your ongoing plan in the current month would be added to the next month’s data balance. Data rollover limit depends on your JioPostPaid Plus plan and ranges between 200GB to 500GB.
Is Netflix free for Jio users?
The eligibility of a free Netflix subscription depends on the bill plan. Jio postpaid plans starting from ₹399 onwards offer a Netflix mobile subscription for free.
I have a Jio prepaid number, can I get JioPostpaid plus connection on the same number?
Yes you can, by visiting the nearest Jio store to convert your existing prepaid connection to a postpaid plus.
Can I have more than one prepaid or postpaid connection on Jio?
Yes, one can have up to 9 SIMs on their name at once. It is also possible to own both Jio Prepaid and Jio Postpaid connections at the same time.
Updated on 23 Feb, 2022
Energy Specialist & Copywriter